Before you launch Givelify, we recommend making a small test gift on the app to your church or place of worship. This ensures your organization’s Givelify account is set up correctly and has received the funds. You’ll also experience the steps your members and supporters will go through the first time they give with Givelify.
How to make a test gift to your place of worship
Follow these steps:
Download the Givelify app
Locate your place of worship
Search by organization or faith leader name or use the map to locate your organization based on its physical location.
On your phone, tap the Search tab at the bottom of your screen.
To search by name:
1. Enter the name of your place of worship, your faith leader, or the city or state where your place of worship is located in the search bar at the top of the screen.
2. Find and select your place of worship in the list of search results.
To search using the map:
1. Your device must have location services turned on and the Givelify app must have permission to access your location.
2. Only organizations within a two-mile radius of your location will appear on the map. Zoom in and maneuver the map with your fingers to find your place of worship.
3. Once you’ve found your place of worship on the map, tap the location pin next to it.
Tap the Give button
Once you find your place of worship, tap the orange Give button. Then, follow these steps:
1. Select your gift amount or select Other to enter a different amount. Tap OK.
2. Select an envelope.
3. On the Gift Summary screen, you’ll have the option to make additional contributions to other envelopes, add a message to your gift, or set the gift as recurring.
- To contribute toward more envelopes, tap Add Donation, select a gift amount, then select an envelope. For instance, you can make contributions to your place of worship’s “Tithe” and “Building funds” envelopes in the same gift. The gift summary screen will update with the additional contribution.
- To set the gift as recurring, tap Set Recurring and choose how often you’d like to send the gift. Recurring gifts will be automatically withdrawn with the designated payment method.
- To include a message with your gift to your place of worship, tap Add Message. You can choose from pre-set messages like “In memory of” or “In honor of” or write a personalized message of your own. Tap Done.
4. Tap Continue.
5. Because this is the first time sending a gift on Givelify, you’ll receive a pop-up screen asking you to create an account.
Create your Givelify account
Create a Givelify account to complete your first gift.
1. On the pop-up screen, select the desired login method you’ll use to sign into your account:
- Continue with Facebook – Use your Facebook login information to sign in and access your account. Select Next.
- Continue with Apple ID – For iOS devices only. Use your Apple ID login information to sign in and access your account. Select Next.
- Continue with Email – Use your email and create a password to sign in and access your account. Select Next.
Add your payment information
Now that you've created an account, you can add your payment information to complete your gift.
1. Enter the name associated with your credit or debit card and select Next.
2. Enter your credit or debit card information and select Next. This information will be securely saved in your profile under Wallet.
3. Enter the billing address associated with your card and select Next.
4. If you're signing up with email, create a password for your account and select Next.
5. Tap the Give Now button.
6. If you set up your account using an email and password, an activation link will be sent to your email address. To activate your account, click the link in the email.
7. You can complete your first gift without having to click the activation link. If you sign up using a Facebook or Apple ID login, you will not receive an activation link.
Congratulations! You’ve successfully made a test gift to your place of worship using Givelify. You should see your test gift deposited to your organization’s bank account the next business day.