Next to the Donors tab in your dashboard, you will now see a Memos tab. Click that link to view memos. Any donations that include a memo line will be listed including the donor name, the date the donation was received, and a Read/Unread indicator. When you opt to reply to a memo, the donor will receive an email including your response.
Memos will be sorted chronologically, with the newest memos appearing at the top of the list. You can reply more than once to a memo, and an email will be sent to the donor for each response.
Note: donors will not be able reply to your email response. If you are expecting a reply from the donor, please include contact instructions.
Settings for Organization Officials
Only officers in your account who have been granted access will be able to view and reply to memos. The account owner will have full access by default. Every official with View or View/Edit access to donations will automatically have the same permissions for memos.
To grant other officials access, log into your Givelify dashboard and follow these instructions:
- Click Settings
- Click Officers
- Click the Permissions button next to the appropriate officer’s name
- Toggle the blue on/off button next to Memos to enable permission
- Using the drop-down box, select Read Only or Read/Write
- Click the blue Update button to save
What Permission Levels Mean
- No Access: that official will not be able to see the memo portal.
- Read Only: that official can view memos but cannot reply.
- Read/Write: that official can read and reply to memos.
How To Download Your Reports with Donation Memos
To download and view a report containing the text of your supporters’ donation Memos, visit www.givelify.com on your computer and log in to your organization’s account.
Then follow these steps:
- Click Donations at the top right of your screen.
- Click Data Export at the top right of your screen.
- Select Donations.
- Use the drop-down box to select or enter a date range.
- Hover over the Export button with your mouse to open a drop-down window, and then select the type of file you would like to receive: an Excel spreadsheet or a CSV file.
- When you click your selection, a report will be generated that you can open or save to your computer. You can then import this report into your financial or church management software.
All memos you have received will appear in the far right column, next to the corresponding donation.