Your members will likely need help understanding how to get the app and make their first donation. Once they are comfortable with the donation process they are sure to appreciate the ease and convenience of mobile giving.
Share these instructions with them to walk them through their first Givelify experience. You can also download a printable version of these instructions for your church bulletin.
Making Your First Givelify Donation
Finding Your Place of Worship
To locate the place of worship you wish to donate to, you have two options:
- If you are within a 2 mile radius, you can use the Nearby tab and find the organization on the GPS map.
- Note: To use the Nearby feature, your device must have location services turned on. Also make sure that the Givelify app has permission to access your location.
- To search for the organization:
- Tap the Search tab at the top of your screen.
- Select Places of Worship.
- Enter the organization’s name, city, and state into the spaces provided.
- Tap Search.
- Find the organization in the list of results and tap Give To.
Making Your First Donation
Once you find your place of worship’s app profile, tap the green Give button. Then follow these steps:
- Select the amount you would like to donate, or tap Other to enter a different amount.
- Select a donation envelope.
- Tap Give Now.
Create Your Giving Account
To complete your first donation, you will need to create an account. Follow these steps:
- On the popup, tap Sign Up.
- Choose Sign-in with Facebook or Sign Me Up by E-Mail.
Signing up by e-mail:
- Enter your name, e-mail address, and password into the spaces provided.
- Tap the green Sign Me Up button.
- An e-mail will be sent to the address you provided with an activation link. To activate your account, click the link in the e-mail.
- Note: You can complete your first donation before clicking the activation link.
- In the app, tap Continue.
Completing Your First Donation
Now that you have created an account, you will be able to complete your donation. Follow these steps:
- Tap the green Give Now button.
- When prompted with a reminder about your activation e-mail, tap Cancel.
- Securely enter your payment information in the spaces provided.
- Complete your donation.
Future Donations Will Be a Breeze
Now that you have completed your first donation using Givelify, future giving will be a piece of cake. You will be able to give in just three taps, with no prompts to create an account or enter payment information.
To make the process even more simple, save the organizations you give to the most as Favorites or your Home Place of Worship using the star and heart icons on their profile.