After your account is verified, you will receive an email instructing you to add your bank account information. We require all organizations to provide a copy of a voided check. This is another security measure that ensures all donations are deposited into the correct bank account, and that the account belongs to your organization.
If you do not have checks for your checking account, please obtain a verification letter from your bank or submit the first page of your bank statement. The document must include your routing number, account number, and the name and address of your organization. The routing number and account number are usually listed at the bottom of your checks. Please note that we do not accept starter checks.
Once Givelify ensures that this information is correct, your account setup is complete.
Reasons Account Verification Might Fail
Your bank account verification could fail for one of the following reasons:
- Failing to provide an account that belongs to your organization
- Providing a copy of your personal bank account
- Providing a deposit slip instead of a voided check
- Providing a voided check or letter that does not include your organization’s information
Givelify will notify you if your bank account is unable to be processed.
Editing Your Bank Account Information
If you need to make changes to your bank account information, visit www.givelify.com on your computer and follow these steps:
- Login to your organization’s account
- Click on Settings at the top right of your screen
- Click on the Banking tab
- Click the Replace Account button at the top right of your screen
- Type your routing number and account number into the spaces provided
- Click the Choose File button to upload your voided check or bank verification letter
- To change your billing address, click the button next to Enter new address and then type your new address into the spaces provided. Otherwise, select Use address on file
- Click the blue Create button
Givelify will update your bank account information and will send confirmation to the email addresses associated with your account. Deposits will continue to be made to your old account until the new account has been processed. Note: You can only have one bank account linked to your Givelify donation app account.
Legal Representative/Principal Agent Information
Per Patriot Act regulations and the United States Department of the Treasury, federal law now requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
You must provide the name, address, date of birth, and social security number for one (1) individual with significant financial responsibility for managing the legal entity customer.
These persons include:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Financial Officer
- Chief Operating Officer
- Senior Managing Member
- General Partner
- Vice President
- Senior Pastor
- Any other individual regularly performing similar functions
We may also require a copy of your driver’s license, passport, or other identifying document for the Legal Representative/Principal Agent.
Have more questions about using your Givelify account? Visit our FAQs page to find answers to some of our most common inquiries.