One surefire way to kick start mobile giving at your fundraising event is to show a live feed of all incoming donations. Givelify’s member nonprofits are already at an advantage here.
Using our Givelithon feature, you can easily project a running donation tally onto a big screen. You can also include the fundraising goal you are trying to achieve, and show how much you have left to raise.
Have volunteers make some donations to get things rolling. Once other attendees see the number start to climb, they will want to participate in the action firsthand.
Your organization can project the following during your event:
- Running total of donations
- Goal you would like to meet
- Incoming donations in real time
- Pictures of donors as their gifts roll in
Create a Custom Fundraising Campaign
Before you can feature a Givelithon at your fundraising event, you first need to set up a campaign in your Givelify app. By doing so, you can enable donors to direct their funds to a specific cause. In this case, you could use the name of the fundraiser or the cause the event is supporting.
To create a custom campaign, log in to your organization’s Givelify account on a computer and follow these steps:
- Click on Settings at the top right of your screen
- Click Campaigns
- Click the New Campaign button at the top right of your screen
- Fill out the form with the name of your campaign and a description
- If you want your campaign to only run for a certain period of time, enter your desired date range
- If you want to set a fundraising goal, click to turn the button to the on position and type the amount in the box provided
- Select Create
Setting Up Your Givelithon
Here’s how to access the Givelithon for your church or nonprofit fundraising campaign:
- From the top right corner of your account dashboard, click Givelithon
- Find the campaign of your choice and click Launch Givelithon
To reset the counter to $0.00, hover over the Settings button at the bottom right and click Reset Counter
To hide the donor images on the left, hover over the Settings button at the bottom right and click Hide Donors
Once you have your Givelithon ready to go, simply project it on a screen and watch the donations roll in!
Note: To make it as easy as possible for event attendees to give, remember to change your organization’s GPS map location in the app for the duration of the event. This will cause your account to automatically appear on Givelify’s GPS map from the event location.